Terms & Conditions
1. TERMS & CONDITIONS: You wish to obtain access to one or more of the services provided by J. M. Finn & Co Ltd. ("JM Finn") through this website (the "Services"). JM Finn is authorised and regulated by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA") in the conduct of investment business under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 ("FSMA"). By using this website you accept in full all these terms and conditions and agree to comply with them in your use of the website and the Services. You have read and understood the "Disclaimer and Risk Warnings" pages of this website.
2. COPYRIGHT AND YOUR RIGHTS: Copyright and all other intellectual property rights subsisting in this website and each and every piece of information provided on this website or through the Services (the "Information") is owned by or licensed to JM Finn or the providers of such information (the "Data Providers"). You may use Information only for your own personal non-commercial use which means that you may not sell, resell, retransmit or otherwise make the Information retrieved from the Services available in any manner or on any media to any third party unless you have obtained JM Finn prior written consent.
3. USER NAME AND PASSWORD: Existing clients of JM Finn may be allocated a username and password. If this applies to you, you are responsible for all use of the Services made using your username and password, whether or not the use is made by you or someone else using your username and password. You are responsible for protecting and securing your username and password from unauthorised use. If you believe there has been a breach of security of your username you should notify JM Finn.
4. YOUR INFORMATION: JM Finn is a private limited company established in England and is registered under the Data Protection Act. All personal information you supply to JM Finn will be treated in accordance with that Act. JM Finn will itself collect and use information you supply to JM Finn in order to operate and enhance the Services. You may edit the information supplied at any time and have the information you supplied deleted from JM Finn's records. You agree that we may disclose to FCA and to any other regulatory authority to which we are subject, and to any stock exchange on which your transactions may be executed, or to any person empowered to require such information by or under any legal enactment, any information they may request or require relating to you or our Services under this agreement.
5. AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION: JM Finn reserve the right to change the content, presentation, performance, user facilities and availability of any part of the Services at its sole discretion. It is your responsibility to refer to the changes. They will come into effect immediately on posting. JM Finn does not warrant any connection, transmission over, security of or results from the use of any network connection or facilities provided (or omitted to be provided) in connection with the Services.
6. NON-UK ACCESS: This website and the Services may only be used by, and are only made available to, persons accessing the website from the United Kingdom
7. INFORMATION : Where Information consists of pricing or performance data, the data contained therein has been obtained from company reports, financial reporting services, periodicals, and other sources believed reliable. Although carefully verified, data computations are not guaranteed by JM Finn or any of the Data Providers or affiliates and may not be complete. Neither JM Finn nor any of its Data Providers or affiliates make any warranties expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, adequacy, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the Information or the Services and all such warranties are expressly excluded to the fullest extent that such warranties may be excluded by law. You bear all risks from any uses or results of using any Information. You are responsible for validating the integrity of any Information received over the Internet.
8. INDEMNITY: You will indemnify JM Finn and keep JM Finn indemnified against all losses, expenses, costs and liabilities (together "losses") which arise as a result of or in connection with your breach of these terms and conditions or the proper provision by JM Finn of the Services.
9. HYPERTEXT LINKS: JM Finn provides hypertext links to sites on the Internet which are operated by other people. Using an external hypertext link means that you may be leaving JM Finn's site and JM Finn therefore takes no responsibility for and gives no warranties, guarantees or representations in respect of linked sites.
10. LIABILITY: Due to the nature of electronic distribution via the world wide web JM Finn shall not be liable for any losses suffered or incurred by you unless such losses are suffered or incurred as a result of JM Finn's fraud, negligence or breach of these terms and conditions. JM Finn shall not be liable for any losses suffered as a result of your inability to gain access to the website or any part thereof or for any consequential loss or loss of profit whether arising from our negligence or otherwise. This provision shall not exclude or restrict any duty or liability which we have in relation to you under the FCA rules or the FSMA Act.
11. CESSATION : JM Finn reserve the right to withdraw or suspend the Services at any time without notice. JM Finn will give clients not less than 14 days notice if it proposes to withdraw the services which are accessed using the username and password.
12. ASSIGNMENT: This agreement and any rights of access (password and username) to any Service provided to you may not be assigned, licensed or otherwise transferred by you to any other person without the prior written consent of JM Finn. You agree to keep your password confidential.
13. AGREEMENT: These terms and conditions supplement any existing terms and conditions between you and JM Finn, and together these constitute the whole agreement between you and JM Finn. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and your existing terms and conditions, then these terms and conditions shall prevail in respect of the Services. JM Finn may from time to time make changes to these terms and conditions which will take effect when they are posted on this website (changes which, in JM Finn's reasonable opinion, materially affect your rights or obligations will be posted on the website 14 days before they take effect).
14. GENERAL: This agreement shall be governed by English Law. All disputes arising from or in connection with this agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If any term of this agreement is held to be illegal or unenforceable the validity and enforceability of the remainder shall continue in full force and effect. The provision in question shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable term which corresponds, so far as possible, with the original. Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under this agreement does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions in this agreement shall survive termination of this agreement. Neither you nor JM Finn shall be held liable for any loss or failure to perform any obligation hereunder due to causes beyond your or their respective reasonable control. This agreement replaces all terms and conditions previously applicable to the provision of the Services or any of them.